Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Link to Envato Notes

Author Interview: Plastic3

Posted: 07 Feb 2011 10:00 PM PST

Today we meet Plastic3 from AudioJungle.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, what do you do for a living?

I’m from Dniepropetrovsk in the Ukraine, and I make my living as a songwriter, singer, and for the last five years also as an arranger. :)

Which marketplaces do you belong to? What types of files do you sell?

I belong to AudioJungle. This is a really great place for selling your music. :) I sell all types of files, but mostly music tracks of different styles – from ambient and pop-trance to children and dance music… Recently I also have started to upload stock footage on VideoHive – I espeсially like time lapse video of a clouds. :)

How did you get started? Have you had any formal training?

I have written songs for a few leading Russian singers and at least five of them were popular in Russia and Ukraine. :) When I was 12 years old, I had about five years of classical training on the acoustic guitar, and now I play a little on keyboards.

Describe your home workspace.

My home workspace is very ascetically. :) I have:

  • a laptop with music programs,
  • an M-Audio Ozonic Firewire interface,
  • Fostex PM1-MK2,
  • Rode K2 microphone,
  • Hohner acoustic guitar,
  • AKG K171 studio headphones.

In the near future i plan to buy an electric guitar.

Describe your creative process. What steps do you normally follow to create your files?

Step 1: Get an idea of the track and melody.
Step 2: Selection of instruments and samples.
Step 3: Recording, mixing and mastering.

What is your advice to other authors regarding how to create a successful portfolio?

I have one piece of advice: Work hard and improve your ability. :)

What do you do to market your files?

I have used Twitter to promote my files, but I don’t know is this helped me at all, because I still have not earned any money from the referral links I have put there.

What are your three favorite files, and why do you like them?

It’s very hard to choose three favorite files. :) I have a section “My Favorite Tracks” in my profile, where I list more than three. :) But however:

1. A very powerful and melodious track with a synth-pop sound and electric guitar – Your Voice.

2. My very popular, easy and light track with bright acoustic guitar solo – I’ve Got Sunshine.

3. A mysterious and rythmical vocal track – Candles In The Wind.

Apart from yourself, who is your favorite marketplace author, and why do you like them?

Very difficult to choose one author. I think they are Dejans and Musicant – very professional authors with powerful portfolio.

What do you do in your spare time?

In my spare time I usually play tennis (real tennis and table tennis), soccer, swim in the pool, and spend time with my girlfriend. In general, I try to behave myself. :)

Thank you all for your attention. I am very happy to be with you a part of AudioJungle!


Featured Workspace: Rondog

Posted: 07 Feb 2011 09:30 PM PST

This workspace belongs to ActiveDen author Rondog. Ronnie has a nice multiple monitor setup without a Mac in sight. I love that huge monitor, and the texture of the paint on the wall.

Would you like your workspace featured on Envato Notes? Just upload it to Flickr, add an interesting description, and tag it with #envatonotesworkspaces. Each week we'll choose and publish a new photo. Check out the other entries here.


No comments:

Post a Comment