Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Link to Envato Notes

Want to Work for Envato? Envato Support Has Two Positions to Fill!

Posted: 27 Sep 2011 01:24 AM PDT

Hi everyone! I'm Drew and I run the support and customer service team here at Envato. Envato Support is looking to add two new team members to our awesome team!

Below you'll find some information about each role, and information on how to apply. Please be sure to follow all instructions and read carefully.

Support Team Member

We're looking for an excellent and friendly individual to join us as an Envato Support Team member. Want to learn more about this role? Read the full position description here.

Support Manager Assistant

If you're a super organized and reliable person, this might be the right position for you. To get the full scoop on this role, read the full position description here.

How Do I Apply?

If you're interested in one of the positions above, I'd like to personally invite you to apply. Please be sure to read the full posting(s) found in the links above closely before applying.

FreelanceSwitch members can apply directly via the FreelanceSwitch Job Board (see the links above), or you can submit a cover letter and your resume with the subject line "Envato Support Manager Assistant Application" to drew@envato.com.

You may also feel free to email me with any questions or inquiries related to the postings at the address above.


Author Interview: Trend2kill

Posted: 26 Sep 2011 11:00 PM PDT

Starting on Fruity Loops, taking formal melodic percussion lessons, hanging out with friends, and “Quality, Quality, Quality!” This week we meet Josh Davis (Trend2kill) from AudioJungle.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, what do you do for a living?

I’m just about to turn 17 on August 16th, I am currently a high school student in Dayton, Ohio and I have a band with some of my good friends and we play gigs almost every week.

Which marketplaces do you belong to? What types of files do you sell?

My primary marketplace is AudioJungle and I try to keep my files random at genre and work with all different genres and styles of music.

How did you get started? Have you had any formal training?

I started playing drums progressively at the age of six, became serious at guitar at the age of 13. I play percussion at my high school and have been taking formal melodic percussion lessons through school also. I started recording through Fruity Loops starting off about a year ago, and I have moved up to Cubase and Pro Tools and I recently started vocals.

Describe your home workspace.

I have been recording through Cubase with an M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface and I monitor and mix through Shure SRH440 headphones. Added on features through my programs consist of Waves mono-stereo mixing and mastering components and Guitar Rig 4 for the guitar.

Describe your creative process. What steps do you normally follow to create your files?

I like to start off with a good riff or phrase and work off of that. For vocal tracks I like to have a good starting chorus for the song or chords for the verses for reference. I usually play around and come up with certain melodies that I like and start putting the song structure together from there.

What is your advice to other authors regarding how to create a successful portfolio?

Quality Quality Quality!, The authors selling a lot are obviously top notch quality on their files and another big asset is to have a good strong structure and mix. It’s never good to have a lot of one thing in a mix or song structure. It has to have a good balance and basically a really good groove depending on the genre.

What do you do to market your files?

I try to get my files out there but I’m usually busy. I let this great website called AudioJungle help with getting me sells. :)

What are your three favorite files, and why do you like them?

At Ease

This acoustic track was very fun to do and I had alot of fun making the percussion in this track from slapping my acoustic guitar around haha.

Pianoscaping

Experimenting with different FX and doubling the piano creating a picture with the music and then breaking into a hiphop beat with reverb synth.

Autumn Prelude

A very dramatic track with expressive strings that add great contrast on the simple piano that creates a sentimental mood.

Apart from yourself, who is your favorite marketplace author, and why do you like them?

My favorite author would have to be Musicant. Very nice tracks from that author. :)

What do you do in your spare time?

I try to come up with cool music ideas and play sports and hang with my friends as much as I can.


Sign the Envato Yearbook

Posted: 26 Sep 2011 09:17 PM PDT

Author Myjilson has revived the Envato Yearbook thread!
The original thread was created by GraphicRiver authors, who added their signatures to a special yearbook image. The final product was fantastic and we can understand why they wanted to try it again. The new thread includes the whole Marketplace and already has over 50 signatures!

(This was the most updated image at the time of this post.)

The Envato community is a creative bunch and threads like this keep popping up to show us how talented and fun you all are. If you haven’t yet contributed, head to the thread and make your mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment