Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Link to Envato Notes

Submission Tip: Write Adequate Descriptions (AudioJungle)

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 05:00 PM PDT

Howdy talented authors! In an ongoing quest for transparency, we bring you another submission tip. These are regular juicy tidbits about our review process, and address issues that can trip up authors. This tip is aimed at AudioJungle authors, but may be relevant to authors in our other marketplaces.

Today we have a brief look at descriptions.

Description. When in doubt, the easiest way to write an adequate descriptions is to use your tags. Choose a few search tags first (you can have up to 30), and then make a few short phrases using some of those tags.

Chime in at the comments if you have any questions and thanks for reading!


This Week’s Featured Authors

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 03:25 PM PDT

Thumbs up to this week's featured marketplace authors!

no-thumbnail ActiveDen Featured Author: DigitalGamer

This week’s featured author is DigitalGamer, who has 10 items, including the newest from the Game Starter Kits category.
View DigitalGamer’s Portfolio

CryoSystems AudioJungle Featured Author: CryoSystems

This week’s featured author is CryoSystems, who has 17 items, including the newest from the Romantic, Sentimental category.
View CryoSystems’ Portfolio

fireform ThemeForest Featured Author: fireform

This week’s featured author is fireform, who has 19 items, including the newest from the Creative category.
View fireform’s Portfolio

microzooms VideoHive Featured Author: microzooms

This week’s featured author is microzooms, who has 26 items, including the newest from the Corporate category.
View microzooms’ Portfolio

mygreed GraphicRiver Featured Author: mygreed

This week’s featured author is mygreed, who has 22 items, including the newest from the Buttons category.
View mygreed’s Portfolio

musicant 3DOcean Featured Author: musicant

This week’s featured author is musicant, who has 236 items, including the newest from the Drum & Bass, Breakbeat category.
View musicant’s Portfolio

zourbuth CodeCanyon Featured Author: zourbuth

This week’s featured author is zourbuth, who has 11 items, including the newest from the Widgets category.
View zourbuth’s Portfolio

smashingmagazine Tutorials Featured Author: smashingmagazine

This week’s featured author is smashingmagazine, who has 13 items, including the newest from the Design category.
View smashingmagazine’s Portfolio

ivz PhotoDune Featured Author: ivz

This week’s featured author is ivz, who has 633 items.
View ivz’s Portfolio


Author Interview: Ink Ville

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 01:00 AM PDT

Designing tattoos, being a prisoner of his own fantasies, getting inspired by other authors but never trying to copy them, and being happy “working for myself in my company and on my own ideas”. This week we meet Sandip Kamble (Ink Ville) from VideoHive.

If you're an Envato marketplace author and would like to be interviewed for the blog, head over to this form. We'd love to hear from you.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, what do you do for a living?

Hello, I am Sandip Kamble. I am from Mumbai, India and later I shifted to Pune, India. I started my career with print graphics eight years ago. I was more interested in motion graphics & vfx. That’s why I worked for print graphics only for a year. Then I joined a local production house as an editor.

I feel that joining a production house was a main turning point of my life. That was the time when I started looking into Adobe After Effects. I never thought one day this software would become one of the main tool of trade in my career.

Later I worked for Digital Juice and even worked for two international short term contracts. Three months onsite project in Colombo and then two months in Bahrain. This phase of my life was so good. After returning from Bahrain I started my own company (Ink Ville) in Pune, India. It’s not such a big company though, but I am planning to expand it in near future.

Yes, I am happy now, because I am working for myself in my company and on my own ideas. Apart from working full time for VideoHive and freelancing as a motion graphics artist, I am also a tattoo artist. Whenever I get time from my busy schedule I do tattoo designing.

Which marketplaces do you belong to? What types of files do you sell?

I sell After Effects templates and occasionally loopable animated backgrounds on VideoHive.

How did you get started? Have you had any formal training?

I am self-taught.

Describe your home workspace.

I used to work on a desktop before. The desktop is gone and now I have Dell Studio laptop. Soon I am planning to buy a workstation.

Describe your creative process. What steps do you normally follow to create your files?

Mostly dreams inspire me. I am the prisoner of my own fantasies. Sometime, before going to sleep, something comes to my mind. Then I write it down in a notepad. And later I try to execute those ideas as soon as possible.

What is your advice to other authors regarding how to create a successful portfolio?

Visit top authors portfolios and have a look at their files. Get inspired but never try to copy those files. Work on your own unique idea.

What do you do to market your files?

Once my file get approved on the marketplace, I publish them on Adobe Exchange. Then I have my YouTube channel to promote my files. I have my awesome Facebook page as well and you can find it here.

What are your three favorite files, and why do you like them?

1. Holographic-touch

I feel this is one of the unique and nicely executed file on VideoHive.

2. Blacknight-ii

This is one of the best-looking looking 3D projects.

3. Fire Reveal

This item is well-executed and looks realistic.

Apart from yourself, who is your favorite marketplace author, and why do you like them?

All the authors are damn good on VideoHive. But the list of my favorite authors are:

  1. InlifeThrill – I just love the overall look & feel of his files.
  2. uniquefx – his work is as unique as his username. :)
  3. yocreative – again due to his awesome work.

What do you do in your spare time?

In my spare time I do sketching, painting and tattoo designing. I love traveling and occasionally I read books.


OrmanClark Breaks Monthly Marketplace Sales Record!

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 08:43 PM PDT

Envato would like to extend a massive congratulations to popular Elite ThemeForest author and designer OrmanClark for smashing the previously held monthly Marketplace sales record of $42,000 sales in one month.

Last month, OrmanClark – known for his beautifully simple and clean WordPress themes – beat the previous record mentioned above and achieved more than $47,000 in sales! Don’t forget folks, we’re talking about one month here. We are absolutely thrilled for Orman and are overjoyed at the success he has achieved on the Envato Marketplaces.

OrmanClark's Latest Theme: Sideshow: Funktastic Portfolio Theme

Congratulations Orman! Your story is an inspiration and we wish you the very best of luck and continued success on the Marketplaces!

If you are interested in selling work on the Envato Marketplaces, you can learn more about how to get started earning a living with us on our Wiki.


No comments:

Post a Comment