Monday, January 9, 2012

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Link to Envato Notes

Community Podcast Episode 13 Out Now!

Posted: 09 Jan 2012 04:41 PM PST

It’s been a long time coming but the Envato Community Podcast is back! Despite a few technical difficulties our round up of 2011 and festive season Community Podcast is finally here. Our host Drew, Community Manager Jordan and new recruit Carmen, chat with John Barton our Dev chief, Skellie theTuts+Premium manager and chat to icon extrodinaire Kate McInnes about her new book and skateboard design. Of course, we have plenty of marketplace news and updates including some exclusive competitions so be sure to listen carefully!

Show notes below the break

Episode 13 Show Notes

News:
Check out the hottest threads on the forums Warm fuzzy thread, Official Dribbble thread, Movember video and Improvements to Tuts Premium.

Don’t forget to check out Tuts+Premium.

Interview with Kate McInnes
Check out Kate’s book Rockstar Icon Design
Want to know more about Kate? You can check out another interview and of course her skateboard designs.
Kate shows us how to create a skateboard design out of a vector on Vectortuts+.

Podcast Competitions:
Don’t forget to be in the running to win $100 of Marketplace credit and submit a creative way to spend your holiday in the Podcast Competition Thread.
Submit your entries to the Video Hive Video Loop Contest!


This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Community Spotlight – What’s Hot on the Forums?

Posted: 09 Jan 2012 07:14 AM PST

With another year behind us, we like to reflect on what was. So let’s take a quick look at some of the hot threads and topics on the Envato Marketplace Forums!

Kriesi Breaks a Million – There was big time excitement on the forums over our first ever author to break the million sales milestone. Well done Kriesi!

Ways to Promote your AudioJungle Music – Scott put together a great post listing several different ways to promote your AudioJungle work. If you’re selling music on the AudioJungle Marketplace, or are thinking of starting, you owe it to yourself to check out this post.

Warm Fuzzies – Jordan shares the love with this forum post dedicated to saying thanks. There has been some discussion recently of what exactly a fuzzie is and why it’s warm? But really, who cares, it’s a feel good post :)

Author Vacations – Thinking of visiting another Marketplace author while you travel? This post puts out the idea of a having a web site for authors to share information about and accommodation options in their home town.

Author Featured in 3D Magazine – Congratulations to 3DOcean author Ali for being featured in 3D Artist magazine. We have some truly talented authors!

Reply in a Can – If you’re a big user of the Marketplace forums, you owe it to yourself to check out this thread. Sevenspark has put together an ultra-handy tool for saving and using your commonly used responses through text snippets. You really have to check this tool out!

You Know you Spending Too Much Time on the Marketplace When… – Are you suffering from Marketplace addiction? Share you’re dirty little secret with the world on this fun forum thread.

Till next month. I'll see you on the forums!


Author Interview: EgoDeus

Posted: 09 Jan 2012 03:14 AM PST

Living in Kiev, being self-taught, composing high-quality, creative music, and going for walks with family. Today we meet Ivan Shykalov (EgoDeus) from AudioJungle.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, what do you do for a living?

I live in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. I am 29 years old, married, and I have a daughter. I have always been engaged in business, but at the same music is always one of the main of my business. I love writing music.

Which marketplaces do you belong to? What types of files do you sell?

I belong to AudioJungle. I sell music, soundtracks for games, films and advertising.

How did you get started? Have you had any formal training?

In first grade I went to piano lessons, but then changed school and dropped the case. All that I know about how to write music, I learned myself.

Describe your home workspace.

My workspace consists of a computer, a MIDI-keyboard M-Audio Axiom-61, an external sound card M-Audio Fast Track, and two monitor speakers 31 thousand Hertz + subwoofer JBL. There is also a studio where I can always work, but usually is enough for me my workplace.

Describe your creative process. What steps do you normally follow to create your files?

Sometimes there is inspiration, then I quickly compose something. Sometimes there is no inspiration, I have to listen to different music and a beautiful muse comes to me.

What is your advice to other authors regarding how to create a successful portfolio?

Compose music. Make it high quality and creative.

What do you do to market your files?

I only upload music to the site, and will begin to promote it when my porfolio will be at least 30 tracks.

What are your three favorite files, and why do you like them?

Flight

Summer Rain

Melissa

I just love these tracks… I do not know why, just like them.

Apart from yourself, who is your favorite marketplace author, and why do you like them?

A lot of good, talented composers on the site. I find it difficult to highlight just one.

What do you do in your spare time?

In my spare time I spend with my family. We go for a walk somewhere, we go to nature, and meet with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment