Monday, February 20, 2012

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Down the Foxhole - ActiveDen

Link to Envato Notes

Featured Workspace: Clemens Posch

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 01:12 PM PST

This is the stylish workspace of GraphicRiver and PhotoDune author Clemens Posch (clemensposch). Design isn’t just a strong element of Clemens’ files – he has surrounded himself with it!

I’ll let him explain his workspace in his own words:

My workspace based on a simple black Ikea table. A 22″ Eizo TFT monitor connected to a MacBook Pro. In front of it, my Intous4 flipped upside-down because I’m left handed. And the Magic Mouse perfectly presented on my Persian-style mouse pad!


Clemens lives on GraphicRiver.

His MacBook Pro.

A Magic Mouse on a flying carpet… Makes sense! Clemens admitted to me: “I’m proud of my retro speakers behind my monitor and my awesome mouse pad. ;)

What do you think of Clemens' workspace? Let us know in the comments.

Would you like your workspace featured on Envato Notes? Upload your photo to somewhere on the Web and let us know about it on our Write a Post page. Or upload it to Flickr and tag it with #envatonotesworkspaces. Either way, add an interesting description. Each week we'll choose and publish a new photo.


The Big Like Switch. Do You Want In?

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 02:00 AM PST

Do you have a blog? Do you have a Facebook Fan Page?

Do you want to grow your Facebook Likes & get a boost in traffic to your blog?

Well get involved in The Big Like Switch!

This post originally appeared on the marketplace forums.

What Is “The Big Like Switch”?

The Big Like Switch is a single blog post that is posted on numerous design blogs and websites with the single aim of driving traffic and exposure to all of the participating websites.

The blog post will list each website that is participating with a short excerpt about that website, a link to them and like button or link to their Facebook page.

The blog post will then be posted on each participating website as well as being promoted on their Facebook page, resulting in a huge amount of promotion for each individual website.

Entry Requirements:

  • You must have an established design related blog
  • You must have an established Facebook Fan Page

I Want In! How Do I Enter?

Please don't go promoting your website or Facebook page in this particular thread. Please simply comment in the forum to say you want in, then send me your details via my profile page and I will keep you updated.

Hopefully this idea will generate us some really good traffic!


QR Code Fun

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 11:00 PM PST

This afternoon WordPress evangelist Japh Thomson was looking for something to do, and ended up on QR Pixel.com. He created the code below.

I love the Envato logo he put in there. But the million dollar question is: Where does the QR code lead to? Let us know in the comments.


Where in the World Is the Envato Logo? Lost Somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 10:00 PM PST

Last year Travis "KingDog" King ran an interesting competition. He'd send Envato logo stickers to anyone interested, and they would take photos of the sticker in interesting places from around the world. Over the next weeks we'll bring you some of the best.

This wet Envato logo was photographed on Marina Beach only moments before it was lost forever in the Indian Ocean. The photographer, Suren, tells the story.

“Every photograph has a story behind it, and this picture has one too. I had a different vision for the location of the Envato sticker. But here is the story.

“While I was walking over the shores of Marina Beach and I took my phone out of my pocket, the Envato sticker which I had with me flew away. I thought it was over.

“Fortunately, a person (who must have been watching my zany antics) picked it up from somewhere and gave it over to me. I took my digicam and was taking a few close-up shots of the sticker.

“Again, the waves came and took it for themselves. Luckily sometime later the sticker came washed to the shore. I took one last photo, then I never saw the sticker again. It must be somewhere in the Indian Ocean.”

“Now, I am going to ask you a question. Where in the world is my Envato sticker?”

So keep your eyes open. If one day when you’re surfing or snorkeling or fishing you come across Suren’s sticker, let us know!


Web Designer Pro Bundle: Available Now!

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 06:02 PM PST

Web Designer Pro - AvailableIt's Envato Bundle time again and boy, do we have a cracker for you!

We’re proud to announce the availability of the Web Designer Pro Bundle for the next 7 days only. With 60 items and more than $500 of web design stock packed in for only $20, this is one of our best deals ever.

Learn More!

Here's a quick look through what's inside this year:

What's Included?

For Affiliates

Why not make some money from the Bundle as well? Refer new users to the Bundle with your affiliate code and you can earn referral income by sending traffic to our sales page or the item page!

This bundle is going to sell like crazy, so this is a great opportunity to earn some quick referral cash. Learn more about the program and score some banners to help you link to the Bundle on the wiki.

Grab the Bundle Today!

With over $500 worth of Web Design files for only $20. But be sure to move quickly, the Bundle will only be available till February 27th, 2012 at 12:00 PM Australian time!


No comments:

Post a Comment